What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK

Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kanye

Number of posts : 380
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Kanye
<b>My Mood</b> :
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderTina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Sun Aug 17, 2008 6:49 pm

Disney and other companies have tried to make a game that would make us have the same joy as vmk, to me they all failed at doing that so Im asking you to vote for the worst vmkreplacement and explain.

P.S. EI isn't trying to be a replacement but a fun "NEW" type of game to educate kids in a fun way, and to give us our connections with our old vmkers again.

Pixie Hollow
Pirates Online
Toon Town Online
Club Penguin
VFK
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blog.elfisland.com/
Cakester

Number of posts : 47
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Cakester
<b>My Mood</b> :
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder
Registration date : 2008-07-31

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:24 pm

Hmm it was either Xivio or VFK. VFK tried to be "like" VMK but instead completely ripped them off. That just made me mad Mad

And on Xivio there were two reasons.

1: I didn't feel the magic.
2: You have to pay for money.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=9
elusivehawk

Number of posts : 61
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : elusive_hawk
<b>My Mood</b> :
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:12 am

100% VFK. That game is SO boring! Plus, i need to go onto Wikipedia just to answer a Quest question! But the BEST replacement for VMK is Club Penguin.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Kanye

<b>My Mood</b> :
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderTina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Mon Aug 18, 2008 1:52 pm

So far everyone thinks VFK was the worst replacement or just game in General. Keep votting bc I want to here from you! your reactions to the games bc I've only ever played vmk.

kanye Stitch
Back to top Go down
Redskins-fan

Number of posts : 315
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Redskins_fan, acethunder, Dinozo
<b>My Mood</b> :
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:19 pm

Figment Bounce its true about vfk.. its so boring.. the quests are HORRIBLE! i have to go on to wikipedia for an answer, and a lot of times the answer is wrong.. vfk is a pretty boring game. i would never pay a single penny for the game. if i pay 70$ i can get a new pin.. how cheap can u get..? but CP is a good replacement. they just need more stuff for non-members..
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Young_Link

Number of posts : 305
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Young_Link
<b>My Mood</b> :
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:52 pm

I've noticed that VFK has gotten a lot of criticizim (sp?) from players before and after it opened to the public. I think the main problem with them is the name of the site. Virtual Magic Kingdom. Virtual Family Kingdom. Right after VMK closes VFK has almost the exact same title as VMK did. I think that if VFK had changed their name earlier, people wouldn't have to compare it to VMK.

This is my opinion, so I want no arguments with me please. I believe VFK was only created for a couple of months, so we shouldn't expect outstanding results from them yet. They have long ways to go, but it would have been better if they worked on the game for a good amount of time (so they can start on better ground). Actually, I think VFK is doing pretty good with what they're doing, considering it being there for the first few months. I think we should just wait and see what happens.

Still, once Elf Island opens, I plan on switching there instead. It already gave me (and everyone else) a great thought on what it might be and the graphics look great!

Link sunny
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=11#comments
Pizza

Number of posts : 165
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Pizza
<b>My Mood</b> :
Tina's Trivia Winner!
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:35 pm

VFK. It's cool, but boring as nothing new ever happens.

~ Pizza
cherry
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cakester

<b>My Mood</b> :

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Mon Aug 18, 2008 6:05 pm

Young_Link wrote:
I've noticed that VFK has gotten a lot of criticizim (sp?) from players before and after it opened to the public. I think the main problem with them is the name of the site. Virtual Magic Kingdom. Virtual Family Kingdom. Right after VMK closes VFK has almost the exact same title as VMK did. I think that if VFK had changed their name earlier, people wouldn't have to compare it to VMK.

This is my opinion, so I want no arguments with me please. I believe VFK was only created for a couple of months, so we shouldn't expect outstanding results from them yet. They have long ways to go, but it would have been better if they worked on the game for a good amount of time (so they can start on better ground). Actually, I think VFK is doing pretty good with what they're doing, considering it being there for the first few months. I think we should just wait and see what happens.

Still, once Elf Island opens, I plan on switching there instead. It already gave me (and everyone else) a great thought on what it might be and the graphics look great!

Link sunny

Well the least they could do was give us skin tones before coming out with fairy magic and try to use their own brains.
Back to top Go down
Young_Link

<b>My Mood</b> :
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:17 pm

Cakester wrote:
Well the least they could do was give us skin tones before coming out with fairy magic and try to use their own brains.
I think they are working on that, but while that's going on, they need to keep the VFK players entertained. So what do they do? They give out a fairy quest and magic to keep the player's minds busy and not thinking about other problems VFK has. Pretty good tactic in my opinion.

Link sunny

P.S. 200 posts! Woot (ok, I'm good)!
Back to top Go down
GeckoDragon24

Number of posts : 133
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : GeckDragon
<b>My Mood</b> :
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Tina's Trivia Winner!Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:21 am

definentaly VFK or Pixie Hollow
Back to top Go down
lilbumbles
Chat Winner

Number of posts : 233
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : lilbumbles, Pirate-Johnie, Fabio
<b>My Mood</b> :
Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:55 am

Kanye wrote:
Disney and other companies have tried to make a game that would make us have the same joy as vmk, to me they all failed at doing that so Im asking you to vote for the worst vmkreplacement and explain.

Pixie Hollow
Pirates Online
Toon Town Online
Club Penguin
VFK

So far I feel nothing has even came close to replacing VMK, it had so many pluses versus negatives. Even though there was always room for improvement, I still would take back all the lag, etc to play VMK again.

Pixie Hollow is lame bc you can't interact with anyone as far as virtual, so it's really boring there.

Pirates Online is bad for me because my computer for one lags and took me over 2 hours to get anywhere and nobody would help me Sad And I found out it's like a normal video game you can buy and finish (my sis and her hubby played it) so definately not wasting my money or time to play it!

Toontown, hah need I say more! Our family tried this 6/7 years ago and it is still basically the same, how sad is that! Thought I might try it again & all I can say is NO THANK YOU! I'm not paying!

Club Penguin is cute & I've played it with my girls before Disney ever owned it. I do like that you can talk on there, the only thing I would like to see is the availability to buy more than one item, so you can trade & that you could buy more than one room. I have a tiki room on there and it's no longer available to buy, so if I change it, I lose it Sad I hope they do something with that bc I want a tiki room, igloo, outdoors area, etc. all for my home not just everything crammed into one room :/

And lastly VFK...I am sooo frustrated with that game! I lag the worst there, I try and do the quests and I freeze up for a 1/2 hour or more, so I have to log off, start my computer over again. The frustration isn't worth it & I even paid for the Silver Hat/Horse/Etc...and I still get all that lag & don't even get my horse Sad When it takes me 2-3 hours to do a quest because I freeze every time I try to enter the room or the map page, oh I won't even go there with the map! LOL Let's just leave it at that, yes it's a sore subject for wasting my $50 bucks!

Hopefully no one takes offenses to my opinions, there just mine & mine only! But I do like Club Penguin the best & have always played Neopets as well even though it has never been interactive, I love the games & my pets. And that's how I met alot of my friends that I took over to VMK! So now we are all axiously awaiting the opening of EI....oh I can't wait!

I love you
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Young_Link

<b>My Mood</b> :

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:04 pm

lilbumbles wrote:
And lastly VFK...I am sooo frustrated with that game! I lag the worst there, I try and do the quests and I freeze up for a 1/2 hour or more, so I have to log off, start my computer over again. The frustration isn't worth it & I even paid for the Silver Hat/Horse/Etc...and I still get all that lag & don't even get my horse Sad When it takes me 2-3 hours to do a quest because I freeze every time I try to enter the room or the map page, oh I won't even go there with the map! LOL Let's just leave it at that, yes it's a sore subject for wasting my $50 bucks!
Another thing that bothers me about VFK is that they charge money when they didn't start on solid ground yet. Some people are complaining of not getting their items. Really, paying for a bunch of pixels isn't worth it.

Link sunny
Back to top Go down
Kanye

<b>My Mood</b> :

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:11 pm

lilbumbles wrote:

Im sorry to hear that. Good thing I never tried VFK I knew just from the home page that some stuff wasn't quite finished..

But I want to here all your opinions so keep giving me great responses like Lil-Bubbles did. again ty

~Kanye Stitch
Back to top Go down
starwarzkid

Number of posts : 82
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : starwarzkid
<b>My Mood</b> :
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:32 pm

personally.. VFK ( in my oppinion ) is the worst attempt at a virtual site. they have so many things out of line. I cant stand playing it. I only play for the quests... they have way to many things that VMK had that I think will get them in trouble down the road. I really hope elf island is a great new home.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Belin

Number of posts : 12
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Belin
<b>My Mood</b> :
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:18 pm

starwarzkid wrote:
personally.. VFK ( in my oppinion ) is the worst attempt at a virtual site. they have so many things out of line. I cant stand playing it. I only play for the quests... they have way to many things that VMK had that I think will get them in trouble down the road. I really hope elf island is a great new home.

Couldn't agree more!
They're taking way too many of VMK's ideas, that you're forced to compare the two. And VFK doesn't stand a chance, next to VMK.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Melks
Chat Winner

Number of posts : 362
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Melks
<b>My Mood</b> :
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:38 pm

Well, everyone has their opinions and freedom of speech, I really think everyone is beating on VFK a LITTLE too much. I mean, yes it can be boring at times, and it is taking ideas from VMK. I know and understand what you have all said. I think VFK is doing the best they can, and I appreciate their efforts. I personally like VFK and all they are trying to do is help us move on from VMK. I think we should all try to understand what the VMK Staff/Team is going through at this time, it's worse than what we are all going through. The VFK/VMK Staff are trying to give us something to enjoy, and feel safe in, VirtualFamilyKingdom, which at one point VMK made us feel safe as well. It's your choice to like it or not, but I believe we should all just realize that it isn't easy for them either. Mabye some of the staff were searching for a job, if not have another one. You don't have to agree with me, I'm just asking that you give them some slack.

Thanks,
Melks:D
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=23#comments
Young_Link

<b>My Mood</b> :

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:55 pm

Melks wrote:
Well, everyone has their opinions and freedom of speech, I really think everyone is beating on VFK a LITTLE too much. I mean, yes it can be boring at times, and it is taking ideas from VMK. I know and understand what you have all said. I think VFK is doing the best they can, and I appreciate their efforts. I personally like VFK and all they are trying to do is help us move on from VMK. I think we should all try to understand what the VMK Staff/Team is going through at this time, it's worse than what we are all going through. The VFK/VMK Staff are trying to give us something to enjoy, and feel safe in, VirtualFamilyKingdom, which at one point VMK made us feel safe as well. It's your choice to like it or not, but I believe we should all just realize that it isn't easy for them either. Mabye some of the staff were searching for a job, if not have another one. You don't have to agree with me, I'm just asking that you give them some slack.

Thanks,
Melks:D
I agree with you. I know VFK is working hard to become a great site. VMK was the same way in beta times too. There was no Frontierland during the first days, and there was great lag from what I heard. We should all expect mistakes in the beginning, but in the end, I'm sure everything will turn out as expected. I have to admit too, that I doubted VFK for a long time. I realized that we all just came from VMK, a site that was like a dream world to us. Then we suddenly move to VFK, a site that has only been there for 3 months and has numerous bugs and lag. Moving from a great site to a "not-so-great" site is too overwhelming and we expected great things from VFK, which is a way too high expectation.

Maybe we should wait and not do any action at all. Give them a year. And if the site doesn't improve by then or does not meet expectations, then it wouldn't be best to say what they should work on. That means we shouldn't pay for something that might not be worth it later. Criticizing won't help, and can eventually makes things worse.

Link sunny
Back to top Go down
Melks
Chat Winner

Number of posts : 362
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Melks
<b>My Mood</b> :
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Thank you Link, I feel the same way. Smile

Melks
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=23#comments
Cakester

<b>My Mood</b> :

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:40 pm

Belin wrote:
starwarzkid wrote:

Couldn't agree more!
They're taking way too many of VMK's ideas, that you're forced to compare the two. And VFK doesn't stand a chance, next to VMK.

AMEN! They can be like VMK without ripping it off. When they first announced their name I could tell that it was nothing but a rip off.
Back to top Go down
Dude
Chat Winner

Number of posts : 31
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Dude
<b>My Mood</b> :
Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-15

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:21 pm

I really don't think many games tried to replace VMK, I think we wanted them to replace VMK. That being said, I think VFK really tried to become VMK, atleast when they wanted us to register. Which didn't look to good for them...
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=23
dizzy
Chat Winner

Number of posts : 112
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : dizzy, crayon, stitch and tinkerbelle
<b>My Mood</b> :
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:14 am

I haven't really found a place that can come close to replacing VMK, but I hope that Elf Island is it.

The main thing that irritates me about VFK is the blunt, in your face showing of favoritism by the staff. This was a sore spot for me on VMK and it just continued on over to VFK with the Staff/Host transferring over from VMK.

The second thing that irritates me about VFK is the never ending announcments that something new will be release on such and such date, but it never comes!

Ok I am off my soap box now, thanks for letting me voice my irritations. These are only things that bother me and are not intended to offend in anyway. Wave
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redskins-fan

<b>My Mood</b> :

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:24 am

Figment Bounce melks is right. i like it too sometimes, i dont really care for the lands and rooms, the clothes, pins, and anything u can own.. i like spending time with my friends, ( the few that i actually found. im still looking for PirateRandomness, and if u know her plz tell me.) i like the games, and i like questing. i dont like the particular quests they have, they just seem dull and boring to me. i also dont like the idea of paying a lot of money a month for a game that seems a little dull to me. i also dont like paying 70$ so i can get an "exclusive" pin and one month of membership. i do have to give vfk credit for a lot.. we were treated perfectly with vmk, and now were with something that has a lower standard. i suppose we are being a little too harsh, but the game does seem to be a little dull, slightly tacky, and overpriced.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Redskins-fan

<b>My Mood</b> :

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:33 am

Figment Bounce they know that almost all of the people are vmk refugees, so they try to keep it close to vmk. the tactics look good on paper, but its just really tacky.. they should stop being like vmk, and start being more original!
Back to top Go down
View user profile
lilbumbles
Chat Winner

Number of posts : 233
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : lilbumbles, Pirate-Johnie, Fabio
<b>My Mood</b> :
Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:37 am

Kanye wrote:

As quoted above it's just our personal opinion that was asked and if it sounded harsh of my previous comment, it's just my opinion & mine only even though some people have agreed.

I just feel myself that VFK is a ripoff for we pay our end of the bargain & they don't follow through. Have I got my $50 worth, nope not at all! I still don't have the items promised to me for paying, I should receive a refund.

The promised dates of newly released items doesn't happen as dizzy stated. And with all the lag and unfilled promises, i'm really disappointed with the game altogether. I didn't want it to replace VMK, afterall I didn't want VMK to close. All I wanted was a place to meet friends, still be able to trade, do quests and decorate my rooms...don't think it's too much to ask for, especially when I paid for it, my mistake! It really did look like a good game, with all it's historical aspects, but it has failed to come through. Don't get me wrong, I do understand that it's in the beta stage, and I know there will be bugs...but don't charge so much $ if you aren't going to follow through. They can take the time to put up new quests and if you can get through them you get that item, so why not the items we paid for???

So if it's sounds harsh, sorry...like I said before, it was asked what we didn't like & it's my honest opinion about the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Cakester

<b>My Mood</b> :

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:27 pm

dizzy wrote:

The second thing that irritates me about VFK is the never ending announcments that something new will be release on such and such date, but it never comes!

OMG TY! They always say that something is coming out "tomorrow" and it never comes! I think that they tell u those myths to keep us from quitting. We are yet to get our horses and we've gotten nothing but a load of "tommorows" and "next weeks". Its pure bait and switch.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK   

Back to top Go down

What do you think was the worst game to try and replace VMK
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next