Elf Island Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRegister

Blog 8/29 - SMA Month

Go down 
+14
Buzz
lilbumbles
bugdozer
TravisSch
ShadowJr
Young_Link
Kanye
Redskins-fan
Glaze
slinkyman
smalld
Melks
AceFighterPilot
AlexanderJJJ
18 posters
AuthorMessage
AlexanderJJJ

Number of posts : 21
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : AlexanderJJJ
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder

Registration date : 2008-07-30

Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Empty
PostSubject: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 3:57 pm

SMA MONTH

August 29th, 2008
For many kids, spending time on a virtual world allows them a creative escape from the daily doings of life. For others it is a chance to feel a true sense belonging.

Many kids suffer from a disease called Spinal Muscular Atrophy, or SMA. This disease affects over 25,000 people in the United States. The disease limits a child’s ability to move, such as walking, crawling, head movement, and even breathing or swallowing! Because of this, many kids cannot climb trees, enjoy playgrounds, or play outside with other kids.

However, many kids who have SMA have discovered the magic of virtual worlds. Communities such as Elf Island give kids who are ordinarily confined to the great indoors a chance to play and interact with other kids in a fun way. On Elf Island, we are dedicated to making a game accessible to all kids, especially those with special needs. Elf Island also empowers kids to make a difference and help special causes that help real people, animals and the planet!

With your help through entertainment, gaming and storytelling we hope to support causes like SMA! Everyone take a moment and grab a breath – very soon you will be making a positive impact to those in need through Elf Island!
Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Ice-cavern_elves
Back to top Go down
AceFighterPilot
Administrator
Administrator
AceFighterPilot

Number of posts : 243
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Ace_Flyboy
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Cool
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden Wings Elf Island Forums Founder 5 Star Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:00 pm

Hello and thank you for posting this new blog entry from Elf Island. It has been moved to Front Page News.

Looks interesting, wonder what room that is.

Ace~
Back to top Go down
Melks
Chat Winner

Melks

Number of posts : 362
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Melks
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Silly
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:16 pm

Wow sounds interesting. I applaud Elf Island Developers for putting this out there, and letting others know about ones with this disease. I wonder if that's what the game is going to look like...
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=23#comments
smalld
smalld

Number of posts : 175
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : smalld
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Sneaky
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden Wings Elf Island Forums Founder 5 Star Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:17 pm

The room looks great but the only thing is the avatars they look like stickers. But I guess it is only beta. Smile Things can change.

~smalld
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/
slinkyman
EIF Owner

Admin

EIF OwnerAdmin
slinkyman

Number of posts : 297
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : slinkyman
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Melodious
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden WingsElf Island Forums Founder
Back to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:22 pm

I believe that is the Ice Cave. Everything looks pretty good but a few things disappoint me:

1. The characters look very very cartoon-ish. Something I would see on the TV. They need more detail.

2. The way the character stands. If that is the way for facing "forward" then thats a little odd... In VMK we had 8 different positions for characters to face.

3. Very difficult to see who is talking. It's not color coded nor is there even an arrow pointing to the correct person.

Besides that everything from the image seems very cool. The room looks nice too. I just hope our characters have some emotions (waving, blinking, mouth moving, head moving etc) I can't wait to help out in causes!

Last edited by slinkyman on Fri Aug 29, 2008 9:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=11
Glaze
Glaze

Number of posts : 82
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Glaze (Same as VMK name)
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:43 pm

I agree on the character thing all tho the room looks awesome [=
im so excited Dancing Bannana
Back to top Go down
Redskins-fan
Redskins-fan

Number of posts : 315
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Redskins_fan, acethunder, Dinozo
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:25 pm

Figment Bounce im happy that EI is pointing these things out. now i have even higher expectations for this game. now i just hope that the charectars don't look like that..
Back to top Go down
Kanye
Kanye

Number of posts : 380
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Kanye
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Busy
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderTina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:29 pm

The characters are flat but the issues are great! Im so gald EI is fighting for good causes around the globe, I hope I can help when beta starts as well.

kanye
Back to top Go down
Young_Link
Young_Link

Number of posts : 305
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Young_Link
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:32 pm

Thanks for posting this, Alex!!

The room looks great and I bet it's in the ice cave. Elf Island isn't VMK, so it really isn't fair to compare the two (2D for EI and 3D for VMK). I kind of expected 2D characters after I saw the housing catalouge. Anyways, I still get to see my friends and might be able to help the earth because of thie site.

Link sunny

Last edited by Young_Link on Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=11#comments
ShadowJr
Chat Winner

ShadowJr

Number of posts : 12
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Asleep
Registration date : 2008-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 7:52 pm

Link, why do you only now post like that? It's freaking me out cause I don't usually see italics...

Anyways... COOL! They better add Hide and Seek cause this game I played has hide and seek and it is really fun but the whole game got unpopular... those people look like the way they face...

Anyways x2... Any 3D graphic makers out there that can 3D-fy it so we can send it in so they replace it and make the game come out later so we can think about school before we think about elf island? thanks!
Back to top Go down
TravisSch
TravisSch

Number of posts : 112
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : TravisSch
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Relaxed
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden Wings Elf Island Forums Founder 5 Star Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:46 pm

The picture looks interesting. I can't wait for the game to open! Smile
Back to top Go down
Young_Link
Young_Link

Number of posts : 305
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Young_Link
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 2:27 pm

ShadowJr wrote:
Link, why do you only now post like that? It's freaking me out cause I don't usually see italics...
I didn't mean to scare anyone by typing like this. I just thought I could post in a different way, like people post in green and purple and blue color font. Some people post in bold. I decided to use italics. Again, sorry if it bothers you.

Link sunny
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=11#comments
bugdozer
Testing
bugdozer

Number of posts : 420
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Bugdozer
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Stressed
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:01 pm

I love the room but the avatars have not grown on me yet. Time will tell Smile

Bug
Back to top Go down
lilbumbles
Chat Winner

lilbumbles

Number of posts : 233
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : lilbumbles, Pirate-Johnie, Fabio
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Goofy
Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 11:42 pm

I’m thankful that EI staff realizes conditions like these, because when VMK closed so many children & adults with all sorts of different disabilities were let down.

My dear friends grandson was told by his doctors that he would never walk or speak. Well at 4 years old and sitting in G-ma’s lap to play VMK, he not only walks but would call out the names of all of us on the screen to wave at him! Yes VMK didn’t actually teach him to walk & talk, but what it has done to help his motor skills was amazing to say the least!
And for them to close & him not understand why he can’t tell G-ma to go play pirate battle and talk to little & dizzy, was heartbreaking Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_sad

I’m so happy to see that you are aware of this and it will get kids/adult players interested again….I just ask one thing, PLEASE DO NOT CLOSE!!!!
And when are you opening, Summer is over Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_sad
Back to top Go down
lilbumbles
Chat Winner

lilbumbles

Number of posts : 233
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : lilbumbles, Pirate-Johnie, Fabio
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Goofy
Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 12:49 am

smalld wrote:
The room looks great but the only thing is the avatars they look like stickers. But I guess it is only beta. Smile Things can change.

~smalld

Yeah I was sorta thinking the same thing & afraid to say my opinion on it.

The graphics have been awesome in all the blogs and even the older graphics of the elves themselves, so when I saw this new blog today, I was a little disappointed Sad I too am hoping this is just the "idea" of it and we will be more detailed. So far nothing has really even came close to VMK...maybe we are just spoiled, but we all love detail, so I'm keeping my little elf fingers crossed that it will be better when we start Smile
Back to top Go down
bugdozer
Testing
bugdozer

Number of posts : 420
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Bugdozer
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Stressed
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:06 pm

I am not expecting it to be like VMK. I hope it is fun and entertaining and has appeal for all ages.

Bug
Back to top Go down
Buzz
Contest Winner
Buzz

Number of posts : 173
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Ecoe
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Busy
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - 1st Place Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeMon Sep 01, 2008 11:07 pm

Eh, I just hope it's free
Back to top Go down
Horse
Horse

Number of posts : 48
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : MyAwesome
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Angelic
Tina's Trivia Winner!

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 2:11 pm

The ice room is cute, the blogs have been great, the home page looks absolutely awesome, but the avatars need some work if they are going to look like this. I hope that it was just a drawing done during development of what a room with players may look like and the actual game will look different. The avatars in the ice room look very different than those in the "Tribes" and "Volunteering" blogs. I hope we will find out soon how we will appear.
Back to top Go down
Jasonnall
Jasonnall

Number of posts : 70
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Jasonnall or Ace_
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Love
Tina's Trivia Winner!

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeTue Sep 02, 2008 6:00 pm

I guess 2D is ok I would have prefered 3D, but it's fine. I'm glad Elf Island Cares.

~Jazz~ santa
Back to top Go down
dizzy
Chat Winner

dizzy

Number of posts : 112
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : dizzy, crayon, stitch and tinkerbelle
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Gleeful
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 4:46 pm

I love the idea of helping in different areas and needs in the world, we need more site like EI.

Not crazy about being a pancake character. LOL
Back to top Go down
GeckoDragon24
GeckoDragon24

Number of posts : 133
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : GeckDragon
<b>My Mood</b> : Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Sleepy
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Tina's Trivia Winner!Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitimeThu Sep 04, 2008 6:32 pm

well i think it looks fun
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Blog 8/29 - SMA Month   Blog 8/29 - SMA Month Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blog 8/29 - SMA Month
Page 1 of 1