Elf Island Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRegister

Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!

Go down 
+33
SweetChinMusic
dizzy
OctoPie
Belin
lilwiz
Sugar
lilbumbles
StitchRokcs
pokemon12_3
Glaze
Disneyland
PurpleDuck
starwarzkid
ACECpt.RICH
GeckoDragon24
Cakester
Miraj
Young_Link
Melks
Jasonnall
LETTYbear
Justin
smalld
astrothrash
souper
Kanye
Buzz
angel_kie
GoodSilverPirate
TravisSch
Shadow
Comic
slinkyman
37 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Would you register on our new vBulletin Site IF WE MADE ONE? (The old one would eventually close!)
Yes
Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Vote_lcap87%Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Vote_rcap
 87% [ 52 ]
No
Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Vote_lcap13%Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Vote_rcap
 13% [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 60

AuthorMessage
slinkyman
EIF Owner

Admin

EIF OwnerAdmin
slinkyman

Number of posts : 297
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : slinkyman
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Melodious
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden WingsElf Island Forums Founder
Back to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-06-18

Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Empty
PostSubject: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:47 pm

Hello,

If we switch to vBulletin we will need all the members to register on that forum. All information will not be transfered (Posts, PM's, Profile Info..) but we can rebuild all of that as time goes on. We are thinking of switching because of several reasons: Friendly Interface, Easier Controls, and better looks. So...

Would you register on the new site? (The old one would eventually close!)

Last edited by slinkyman on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:16 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=11
Comic
Comic

Number of posts : 106
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Comic
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Cool
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 2:50 pm

Yes, it would be great to have a vBulletin forum, it is more easier to work with and has more features, I wouldn't mind switching.

- Comic
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Contest Winner
Shadow

Number of posts : 89
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Shadow
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Gleeful
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - 2nd Place Back to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:03 pm

I wouldn't worry; I would not mind switching at all! Most of the forums I visit regularly are vBulletin, so I'm used to that interface, and I'm sure many others are used to it as well. Whatever you guys decide to go with I'll stay with! ^^

Last edited by Shadow on Sat Sep 06, 2008 4:12 pm; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added to response/typo)
Back to top Go down
TravisSch
TravisSch

Number of posts : 112
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : TravisSch
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Relaxed
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden Wings Elf Island Forums Founder 5 Star Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:11 pm

I know how to use the vBulletin, so yes I would register on the new site. Smile
Back to top Go down
GoodSilverPirate
Chat Winner

GoodSilverPirate

Number of posts : 43
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Happy
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:18 pm

Yes I would re-register on the new forum, I'm really enjoying it here. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
angel_kie
Chat Winner

angel_kie

Number of posts : 63
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : angel_kie
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Angelic
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:41 pm

I would love that inkers! And yes, duh, I would defintly register on it Smile
Back to top Go down
Buzz
Contest Winner
Buzz

Number of posts : 173
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Ecoe
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Busy
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - 1st Place Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 3:57 pm

Of course I would Ink! Don't forget that you need to find a website to for hosting. Forumotion supplies the website hosting, but vBulletin does not I'm pretty sure.
Back to top Go down
Kanye
Kanye

Number of posts : 380
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Kanye
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderTina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:09 pm

idk what that site is. But sure if you gave me directions on how to find it i'd switch. Smile

-Kanye
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/
Kanye
Kanye

<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderTina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Sunshine

Last edited by Kanye on Sun Sep 07, 2008 11:20 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
slinkyman
EIF Owner

Admin

EIF OwnerAdmin
slinkyman

Back to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:15 pm

Kanye wrote:
Avtually i don't think i can download that software bc I don't ever download software anymore onto my computer since I got a virus from doing that before.

-Kanye

I have to vote "NO"

You don't download ANYTHING. It is just a forum like this site.
Back to top Go down
Kanye
Kanye

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:17 pm

OK than "yes" LOL lol!
Back to top Go down
souper
souper

Number of posts : 103
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : happy_guest
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Happy
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-17

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:19 pm

Either way is fine with me. I'm sure this is a big decision for you. Please do what will work best for the "Elves in Charge".

(For those of you unsure of what vBulletin is...if you belong to any other forums, scroll down to the bottom of the page. Often it will tell you the title of the software. I did this and found vBulletin on 2 forums not related to Elf Island that I visit.)

Happy
Back to top Go down
astrothrash
astrothrash

Number of posts : 60
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : yavvn, astrothrash, and lonovo
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Gloomy

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:20 pm

i guess, but does it require a download?
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Contest Winner
Shadow

<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - 2nd Place Back to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:23 pm

astrothrash wrote:

No, you'd just go to the site like you'd go to any other site/forum. There's no downloading or installing required at all. ^^
Back to top Go down
astrothrash
astrothrash

Number of posts : 60
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : yavvn, astrothrash, and lonovo
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Gloomy

Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:24 pm

oh thxx then i would say yesses
Back to top Go down
smalld
smalld

Number of posts : 175
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : smalld
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Sneaky
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden Wings Elf Island Forums Founder 5 Star Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-06-21

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:27 pm

astrothrash wrote:

No download it would just be like the site is now it would just look different. and be hosted by another site.

~smalld
Back to top Go down
slinkyman
EIF Owner

Admin

EIF OwnerAdmin
slinkyman

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:28 pm

You can cancel your vote and then vote again.
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Contest Winner
Shadow

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:29 pm

slinkyman wrote:
You can cancel your vote and then vote again.

I just noticed that - neat feature ^^
Back to top Go down
Justin
Justin

Number of posts : 73
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Justin
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Silly
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:36 pm

Hey Inks I Just Wanted To Let You Know That It's Not That Easy To Switch. I Wouldn't Mind It I'm Just Saying This For You Guys. It Coast Alot Of Money Since You Need To BUY The VB And Buy A Server To Host It On. Honestly If You Don't know How To Host It There's Not Use Of Buying It. Just Thought I Should Let You Guys Know!
- Justin
Back to top Go down
slinkyman
EIF Owner

Admin

EIF OwnerAdmin
slinkyman

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:40 pm

Justin wrote:
Hey Inks I Just Wanted To Let You Know That It's Not That Easy To Switch. I Wouldn't Mind It I'm Just Saying This For You Guys. It Coast Alot Of Money Since You Need To BUY The VB And Buy A Server To Host It On. Honestly If You Don't know How To Host It There's Not Use Of Buying It. Just Thought I Should Let You Guys Know!
- Justin

Yes I know, and I know how to buy, host it, etc.
Back to top Go down
Justin
Justin

Number of posts : 73
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Justin

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:57 pm

slinkyman wrote:
Justin wrote:
- Justin

Yes I know, and I know how to buy, host it, etc.

Then Your Good Smile.
- Justin
Back to top Go down
LETTYbear
Chat Winner

LETTYbear

Number of posts : 144
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Stressed
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant
Tina's Trivia Winner!
Registration date : 2008-07-29

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 4:59 pm

Ooh
Um probably
If the new address was posted

I like both of them.
Back to top Go down
Jasonnall
Jasonnall

Number of posts : 70
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Jasonnall or Ace_
<b>My Mood</b> : Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Love
Tina's Trivia Winner!
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:14 pm

If I new what is was yes. Just need some explaining.

~Jazz~
Back to top Go down
Melks
Chat Winner

Melks

Number of posts : 362
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Melks
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 5:49 pm

I have to say " YES ", and " NO ". YES, we do have a great site here as it is, YES our graphics and forums are pretty spectacular. No, we do not have vPlaza, for extra options. Yes, I do admire what the site staff have done, opening up a site from scratch, not using vBulletin. Yes, I think that it was very kind of you asking us members, here on EIF instead of just doing it anyway.

Yes, I think vBulletin would be worth it, in the long run.
I Think that though the members, should vote and cast their opinions, but also, the site staff should do what they think is best for the site, and all of us.

Either way, we'll be here for you through it all Smile

-Melks

For the people who are not sure exactly sure what vBulletin is, check out the site: http://www.vbulletin.com
There's nothing to download, it's a regular forum type of site, that is a bit different from our Forums, here.

I hope it is alright if I posted the link, considering we're discussing this topic and it could be something in our future.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=23#comments
Young_Link
Young_Link

Number of posts : 305
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Young_Link
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitimeSat Sep 06, 2008 6:47 pm

Really, anything that works with the staff and the members on here is fine with me.

I like this site for the fact that it is colorful and built from scratch. I think the staff here have already done an amazing job. Thumbs Up

However, if we do move, I won't mind. I used to go on other forums with vBulletin, so I'm used to it.

Link sunny
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=11#comments
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!   Forum Switch - Feedback Needed! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Forum Switch - Feedback Needed!
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next