Elf Island Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRegister

is POTC online worth signing up for?

Go down 
+5
Giselle
Melks
carla
LauraBearz
Lil-Rich
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Lil-Rich

Number of posts : 209
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant
Registration date : 2008-07-27

is POTC online worth signing up for? Empty
PostSubject: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 8:52 pm

Can you tell me about it?I have never really looked into it.
Back to top Go down
LauraBearz
LauraBearz

Number of posts : 14
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Laurabearz
<b>My Mood</b> : is POTC online worth signing up for? Asleep
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:18 pm

You can play the basic version for free. I suggest doing that for a while to see if you like the questing. It really is all about questing... go kill some undead, go win money at poker, go sink ships over and over...
Back to top Go down
Lil-Rich

Number of posts : 209
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant
Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitimeSun Jul 27, 2008 11:22 pm

LOL sounds like a game for me then...Actually,I might go check it out.
Back to top Go down
carla
carla

Number of posts : 11
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : carla
<b>My Mood</b> : is POTC online worth signing up for? Cold
Registration date : 2008-08-02

PostSubject: Re: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 03, 2008 11:10 pm

im thinkin' of payin' for this game,should i?
Back to top Go down
Melks
Chat Winner

Melks

Number of posts : 362
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Melks
<b>My Mood</b> : is POTC online worth signing up for? Silly
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 12:59 pm

Hmm, try playing without paying first, to see if you enjoy it. You don't want to get sucked into paying it, then have difficulties with the paying options, like someone I know did Rolling Eyes. Just don't pay for anything without adult supervision.Thumbs Up

Aviation Happy Melks
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=23#comments
Giselle
Giselle

Number of posts : 15
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Odette
<b>My Mood</b> : is POTC online worth signing up for? Cold
Registration date : 2008-08-04

PostSubject: Re: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:57 pm

I play it. The only thing you have to been really careful of is what type of computer you have. My computer is from latye 2001 and the game really slow on it. Before you pay for the game be sure to test it out to make sure you like it.
Back to top Go down
ACECpt.RICH
ACECpt.RICH

Number of posts : 88
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : ACECptRICH
<b>My Mood</b> : is POTC online worth signing up for? Tired
Tina's Trivia Winner!
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 1:07 am

I'm debating paying myself. I'm a Level 7 on basic access and am disappointed when I try to do the quests and it says I can't because they are for Unlimited Access only (good way to entice people into paying for the game). Anyway, I like the questing, and POTC are my favorite movies. I like it because you can play on your own, and the quests aren't that hard to complete and interesting if you actually read them. I'm thinking I will stick to basic access for now, and if Elf Island turns out to be a game I don't enjoy, then I will probably do Unlimited Access at Pirates Online. I wish the price for monthly was the same for POTCO as it is for Club Penguin.

-Rich
Back to top Go down
lilbumbles
Chat Winner

lilbumbles

Number of posts : 233
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : lilbumbles, Pirate-Johnie, Fabio
<b>My Mood</b> : is POTC online worth signing up for? Goofy
Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:38 am

I really love Pirates, it was my favorite before VMK and my fav within the game, but I can't play POTC Online on our comp...it lags for 2 hours then I couldn't get any help, it was more frustrating than fun & if I can't have fun then I'm not paying for it.

Then my sis told me that her & her husband played it & it was more like a video game, where in the end it's almost like it's final/over. And you can't go on further. This is what they found, not sure because I couldn't even get very far into the game, then when you don't have access due to being a basic player, I just said forget it altogether. All it did was cause problems for my computer Sad
Back to top Go down
allevonne
allevonne

Number of posts : 42
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : allevonne, AllyDaDonkey
<b>My Mood</b> : is POTC online worth signing up for? Evil
Registration date : 2008-08-31

PostSubject: Re: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 3:45 pm

I played the basic access for two months and got stuck at Level 8. It got so frustrating and tedious because I had to sail my ship from island to island and repeat the process to get around. And it took me a week to find out how to repair my ship because like NOBODY on that game answers your questions. I asked some level 2 to help me find this one island and finish my task. He just followed me around, and was of no assistance at all, whatsoever. I finally quit after I had to kill these hard-to-find monsters, got disconnected and lost the battle. Then I couldn't find them again. So, long story short, I don't think it's worth paying for.

~ Ally Sleep
Back to top Go down
Redskins-fan
Redskins-fan

Number of posts : 315
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Redskins_fan, acethunder, Dinozo
<b>My Mood</b> : is POTC online worth signing up for? Silly
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitimeSun Aug 31, 2008 6:41 pm

Figment Bounce its fun once u get used to it. and if u have a fast computer, and have enough gold to buy faster and better ships, weapons and clothes. in the one weekend i brought in around 5,000 gold from playing tortuga hold'em and sinking ships my new frigate.. but the weekend was over a while ago, and i sold the frigate becuase i couldnt use it..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: is POTC online worth signing up for?   is POTC online worth signing up for? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

is POTC online worth signing up for?
Page 1 of 1