Elf Island Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRegister

Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AceFighterPilot
Administrator
Administrator
AceFighterPilot

Number of posts : 243
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Ace_Flyboy
<b>My Mood</b> : Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Cool
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden Wings Elf Island Forums Founder 5 Star Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-16

Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Empty
PostSubject: Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty   Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:32 am

Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Reminderll8

Hello Elf Island Forums. Lately we have been getting reports about the homepage/portal being to wide, hence the only way to view the entire homepage, was to scroll both left and right. I am posting this to update everyone on the situation and to explain why some members may still have this complication.

The reason the homepage is so very wide, is due to the size of the official Elf Island Blog threads or images that we have posted. For example, the IGOONY thread. When we post the blog images/threads on the main page, it exceeds the preset width we have for any topics posted on the homepage. As a result, all the other topics are made the same size and wider than it should. When we don't have the blog images/threads on the homepage, the homepage is perfectly fine and functional for everyone.

We apologize for any kind of inconviences this may have caused our members. We hope that everyone will continue to enjoy Elf Island Forums and the future it'll bring to everyone! Smile

Thanks,
The Elf Island Forums Staff~

Last edited by AceFighterPilot on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:42 am; edited 5 times in total
Back to top Go down
ACECpt.RICH
ACECpt.RICH

Number of posts : 88
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : ACECptRICH
<b>My Mood</b> : Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Tired
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder
Tina's Trivia Winner!
Registration date : 2008-06-19

PostSubject: Re: Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty   Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 12:35 am

Thanks for the update! I noticed the homepage looked a little distorted lately.

-Rich
Back to top Go down
Melks
Chat Winner

Melks

Number of posts : 362
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Melks
<b>My Mood</b> : Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Silly
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-03

PostSubject: Re: Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty   Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 1:23 am

Thank you, Ace. I myself have had this annoying issue.jocolor
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=23#comments
Belin
Belin

Number of posts : 12
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Belin
<b>My Mood</b> : Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Sleepy
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder
Registration date : 2008-07-26

PostSubject: Re: Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty   Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:52 am

For me, the problem was opposite.. The middle section of the homepage (the news) was as thin as it could get, without re-sizing the pictures. (If that makes sense)

But, either way, it's fixed now.

Last edited by Belin on Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AceFighterPilot
Administrator
Administrator
AceFighterPilot

Number of posts : 243
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Ace_Flyboy
<b>My Mood</b> : Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Cool
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden Wings Elf Island Forums Founder 5 Star Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty   Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Icon_minitimeFri Aug 22, 2008 11:59 am

Belin wrote:
For me, the problem was opposite.. The middle section of the homepage (the news) was as thin as it could get, without re-sizing the pictures. (If that makes sense)

But, either way, it's fixed, now.

Hi,
Makes perfect sense. For a period of time yesterday morning, the center of the homepage was indeed very small and thin. We were experimenting with different options to see if we could make it better. Since it didn't, we changed it back to the original settings. Fortunately, we found the main source of the problem.

We are sorry for all the inconviences this may have caused you. We hope you enjoy Elf Island Forums now and the future it'll bring to everyone! Smile

AceFighterPilot~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty   Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Site Reminder: Homepage/Portal Difficulty
Page 1 of 1