Elf Island Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRegister

The Opening Ceremony

Go down 
+6
Redskins-fan
AceFighterPilot
xjUjUx3
Young_Link
Buzz
TravisSch
10 posters
AuthorMessage
TravisSch
TravisSch

Number of posts : 112
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : TravisSch
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Relaxed
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden Wings Elf Island Forums Founder 5 Star Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-16

The Opening Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 11:39 am

The Opening Ceremony began at precisely 8 PM Beijing time (that is 8 AM on the East Coast). You can catch the entire Opening Ceremony tonight at 7:30 PM on your local NBC station. Smile

For more on what happened at the opening ceremony, check out this news story on MSN: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/26079138/ .

There was also a live blog that was going on during the ceremonies at this link: http://www.nbcolympics.com/blogs/blog=alanabrahamsonsblog/postid=183659.html#ni+from+birds+nest
Back to top Go down
Buzz
Contest Winner
Buzz

Number of posts : 173
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Ecoe
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Busy
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - 1st Place Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-07-27

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:34 pm

click here to see a gallery of about 180 pictures from the Opening Ceremony, pictures couresty of Yahoo!
Back to top Go down
Young_Link
Young_Link

Number of posts : 305
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Young_Link
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Melodious
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:49 pm

Haha, I was just look at those pictures, buzz. Smile

Thank you for the information, TravisSch. I'll try to catch the ceremony tonight.
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=11#comments
xjUjUx3
xjUjUx3

Number of posts : 86
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : xjUjUx
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Cold
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder

Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 12:56 pm

Thanks for the pictures and info.. Wow! That's alot of people right there!
Back to top Go down
Young_Link
Young_Link

Number of posts : 305
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Young_Link
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Melodious
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 12:28 pm

I just saw the Opening Ceremony last night, and the people did a phenomenal job! I have never seen anything like it. This kept me watching until the end. I just know the closing ceremony will be just as good, or even better! sunny
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=11#comments
AceFighterPilot
Administrator
Administrator
AceFighterPilot

Number of posts : 243
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Ace_Flyboy
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Cool
<b>Awards</b> : Site Staff - Golden Wings Elf Island Forums Founder 5 Star Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-16

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 2:29 pm

Hello,
I as well saw the entire thing last night. I agree with Young_Link, it was just phenomenal! I have to say, the first part of the ceremony was pretty cool. With the drumming and all the lights, along with all the people in the stadium cheering and enjoying it.

The ending just awed me though. Seeing the olympic torch guy get lifted up to the very top of the stadium and then proceed to jog the torch around the outer line of the stadium (Birds Nest) was just awesome. Also seeing all of the fireworks once the torch was lit was cool to.

I can't wait to see more of the Olympic games! If the opening ceremony was this spectacular, I wonder what the ending will bring.. wow.

Ace- Magic Kingdom
Back to top Go down
Redskins-fan
Redskins-fan

Number of posts : 315
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Redskins_fan, acethunder, Dinozo
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Silly
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 5:13 pm

Figment Bounce the ceremoney was pretty awesome, and the best ive seen in a long time.. i just thought that the guy going around the entire arena was a little bit much.. it just took so long.. the games in Spain started off with a flaming arrow to light it. but the Chinese did go a little over the top with the olympics. about 5 billion US$ over the top, just for olympics-related construction. i find that a little bit too much, while they could be rebuilding the area where the earthquake happened..
Back to top Go down
Groovysqirrel
Chat Winner

Groovysqirrel

Number of posts : 38
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Amazed
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 6:00 pm

I saw the ceremony... and was blown away!!! They did such a great job with everything. The way they projected things on the roof and the giant rolling screen was amazing!

I loved it! affraid
Back to top Go down
bugdozer
Testing
bugdozer

Number of posts : 420
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Bugdozer
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Stressed
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeSat Aug 09, 2008 8:55 pm

Opening ceremonies were awesome!

Bug
Back to top Go down
Horse
Horse

Number of posts : 48
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : MyAwesome
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Angelic
Tina's Trivia Winner!
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:09 pm

It was the most incredible opening ceremony I've ever seen.
Back to top Go down
xjUjUx3
xjUjUx3

Number of posts : 86
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : xjUjUx
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Cold

Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 5:10 pm

It was colorful and awesome.xD
Back to top Go down
Pizza

Number of posts : 165
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Pizza
<b>My Mood</b> : The Opening Ceremony Angry
Tina's Trivia Winner!
Registration date : 2008-07-21

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 11, 2008 6:19 pm

I really liked the fireworks. My family was jumping and screaming when USA walked in! GO UsA!

~ Pizza
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Opening Ceremony   The Opening Ceremony Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Opening Ceremony
Page 1 of 1