Elf Island Forums
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomepageHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog inRegister

The Closing Ceremony

Go down 
+5
lilbumbles
Redskins-fan
Horse
Jasonnall
Melks
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Melks
Chat Winner

Melks

Number of posts : 362
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Melks
<b>My Mood</b> : The Closing Ceremony Silly
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-03

The Closing Ceremony Empty
PostSubject: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:00 pm

Well, 17 days of the Olympics, in Beijing, China we will never forget. Athletes from all over the world competed for their country, honoring and showing their pride.

Well, sometime today ( depending your time zone ), the Closing Ceremony will be shown. Many joyful and emotional moments, to be seen.

Let's Give It Up For the Athletes, That Work SO Hard for all these years, just for a few days!

See you in London, in 2012!

-Melks

Overall Winnings!
1st USA
2nd CHINA
3rd RUSSIA

Everyone's a winner!Group Hug

Last edited by Melks on Sun Aug 24, 2008 1:07 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=23#comments
Jasonnall
Jasonnall

Number of posts : 70
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Jasonnall or Ace_
<b>My Mood</b> : The Closing Ceremony Love
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder
Tina's Trivia Winner!
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 1:04 pm

Yes, this is something that won't be forgotten. Everything was specaular. From the Opening Ceremonie to the last basketball game.

~Jazz~ santa
Back to top Go down
Horse
Horse

Number of posts : 48
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : MyAwesome
<b>My Mood</b> : The Closing Ceremony Angelic
Tina's Trivia Winner!
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeSun Aug 24, 2008 7:33 pm

I can't wait to see the closing ceremony tonight.

Anyone see the mascots for the 2010 Vancouver Winter Olympics? Too cute! I love Quatchi, but the name Sumi (pronounced "sue me") makes me laugh. Somebody has a sense of humor.
Back to top Go down
Melks
Chat Winner

Melks

<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums Founder Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:17 am

Yes, those mascots are darlings! Haha.
Back to top Go down
Melks
Chat Winner

Melks

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:21 am

Do they happen to look like this? Wink

The Closing Ceremony Sun0418%20mascots

And here's little Sumi Smile

The Closing Ceremony Sumi
Back to top Go down
Redskins-fan
Redskins-fan

Number of posts : 315
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Redskins_fan, acethunder, Dinozo
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:42 am

Figment Bounce i personally LOVED the closing ceremony, but it was a little bizarre. those float-type vehicles remind me of main street elctrical parade with a mixture of Dr. Seuss..... they were the greatest opening and closing ceremonies ive seen, but the london tour bus was just really weird. not to mention that pretty bad cover of the Led Zepplin song. perfect guitar, (after all, he is the lead guitarist for Led Zepplin) just not very good vocals. but i dont really care for pop or hip-hop, so for everyone else it was awesome.. im more of a rock kinda guy. anything avenged sevenfold, atreyu, bullet for my valentine, the offspring, etc.. the English are very creative, but the dancers were just weird.
Back to top Go down
Redskins-fan
Redskins-fan

Number of posts : 315
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Redskins_fan, acethunder, Dinozo
Registration date : 2008-07-28

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:44 am

Figment Bounce the Canadians can make pretty kewl charectars, but these are just SWEET.. it does have that same theme from Beijing, becuase it really doesnt look Canadian that much..
Back to top Go down
lilbumbles
Chat Winner

lilbumbles

Number of posts : 233
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : lilbumbles, Pirate-Johnie, Fabio
<b>My Mood</b> : The Closing Ceremony Goofy
Tina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner

Registration date : 2008-08-13

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 4:34 am

I wasn't really impressed with the closing ceremonies Sad The opening however was totally awesome...it grabbed my attention right from the start!
Back to top Go down
Shadow
Contest Winner
Shadow

Number of posts : 89
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Shadow
<b>My Mood</b> : The Closing Ceremony Gleeful
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - 2nd Place Back to School BASH Trivia WinnerBack to School BASH Trivia Winner Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 12:03 pm

I wasn't really impressed by the closing ceremonies, either.
Back to top Go down
Young_Link
Young_Link

Number of posts : 305
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Young_Link
<b>My Mood</b> : The Closing Ceremony Melodious
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderDesign your own elf hat - Participant Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-07-22

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 7:42 pm

The closing ceremony was "ok" in my opinion. Their performances were great, but there weren't has many as the Opening Ceremony.

When I saw the London bus come in, I was already excited for the Olympics in 2012. I can't wait!

Link sunny
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/?p=11#comments
Kanye
Kanye

Number of posts : 380
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Kanye
<b>My Mood</b> : The Closing Ceremony Busy
<b>Awards</b> : Elf Island Forums FounderTina's Trivia Winner! Back to School BASH Trivia Winner
Registration date : 2008-08-05

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:00 pm

2012 wow the Earth keeps getting older and older..

Kanye Stitch
Back to top Go down
http://blog.elfisland.com/
Melks
Chat Winner

Melks

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeMon Aug 25, 2008 8:08 pm

Yeah, it's crazy. Kind of sad.. Sad
Back to top Go down
Glaze
Glaze

Number of posts : 82
<br><b>Elf Name</b> : Glaze (Same as VMK name)
Registration date : 2008-08-28

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 4:05 pm

Aw now i wish i would have listened to my mom and watched it but idk i cant like sit there and watch sports but playing them is different i like that [= so i didnt watch the closing cuz i didnt watch much of it at all
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Closing Ceremony   The Closing Ceremony Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Closing Ceremony
Page 1 of 1